During the sessions, both baby and caregiver will discover a unique sensory experience whilst learning how to massage. Baby will be able to enjoy relaxation music and light therapy whilst the caregiver will learn how to massage, all in a relaxed and calming environment. At the end of each session a handout will be provided to allow massage to be continued at home.
The sessions are run in a relaxed home environment, to allow both parent and baby to feel relaxed and calm. This can either be as a private one to one session or with a friend. Also, at Bababear please feel free to wander round with baby should they need a cuddle, changing, a feed or just need a rest from massage.
Changing mats, kneeling pads, and refreshments.
What you need to bring:
2 x blankets to swaddle and place baby on, feeds, changing items and change of clothes for baby.
Benefits of baby massage for baby and you
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached.
- Helping your baby to feel more loved, respected and valued.
- Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep.
- Reduced crying and emotional distress.
- Helps ease teething discomfort, colic and constipation.
- Stronger bond.
- Relaxes baby.
- Feeling closer to baby.
- Learning a life long skill.
- Reduces depression.
- Opportunity for you to spend one - to - one time with baby.
- Being able to read baby's cues.
- Feeling the relaxed effects of massaging your baby.
- Improves sensory awareness.